finally losing weight

Well, since my BC treatment, I get a lot of bloodwork done every checkup. It seems that my liver enzymes have been up for a while, so they referred me for even more tests. I do not have hepatitis A, B, or C, nor do I have a number of other diseases or conditions, or syndromes, and they couldn't see anything in the ultrasound - which is good.

So the doc says the remaining diagnosis is non-alcoholic fatty liver. Guess how they treat it? They don't.

BUT - here's the bad part - it may indicate that I m developing diabetes. He said that, in order to change that, I need to lose 20% of my body weight. Now, I am at my highest weight ever, even though I rarely have dessert, eat lots of vegetables, etc. And I walk a mile at least 3 times a week (I know - that needs to be more). But I haven't lost anything - in fact, I have gained.

He recommended the South Beach Diet, and I looked it up online and got the book from the library. For the first two weeks you eat no bread, no potatoes, no pasta, no rice, no sugar, no carbs. I always thought I could never do it - I can, for two weeks - and since Tuesday, I have lost seven pounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog