knitting fate

I finished a pair for me - using Tofutsies Power Stripes.
The tofutsies is partly made from chitin from shrimp and crab shells!
also partly soysilk!
My guild, Fiber Folks of SW MO, had a challenge where you had to (randomly, blindly) pick 3 crayons, and then complete a project (knit, woven, spun, whatever) using those 3 colors. When I picked my crayons, these socks were in my hands, on my needles at the time. Fate?

Then I started a pair for my husband (which takes approximately FOREVER)
​ with KnitPicks ​Stroll Fingering in Forest Heather (green).

Both are (will be) beautiful.

But I wanted a quicker finish - so I started the Antler hat -using SWTC Therapi in a lovely soft denim blue.


The Therapi is partly made from Jade!
Both Tofutsies and Therapy are soft, normal-feeling 50% wool.

Have any of you used strange fibers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog