Dream 15 quilter fixed


The backing is a lovely soft gray, with a stripe of silver and aqua butterflies. As they always say, the picture doesn't do it justice. But it does show the lazy meander I quilted it with.

 Well, I was having a number of problems with my Dream15 quilter, which is now over 4 yrs old - skipped stitches, tension nightmares, uneven stitches. the last donation quilt I tried to quilt on it, I had to remove every stitch - some more than once, until I was so mad that I quilted it on my regular machine - and it really didn't take too long to do that. It's not perfect - got a crease on the back that I refuse to remove, though. Mistakes were made, and then ignored.


So, since I was mad, I called the store where I got it, (an hour and a half from here) and made an appointment. He asked when it had last been serviced, and I had to say, "Never" - so there's that. But, they have a one-day service turnaround - in by ten/out by 3. So that's great.

And it was, of course, a bunch of small problems - wrong needle, a thread guide that had moved over, causing the thread to rub against something else. He also gave me an extra needle, since I couldn't buy or order any, since they are back-ordered from the supplier. He also told me I needed to wipe the tracks that the machine rolls on with plain water. Now there's something I never thought to dust or wash!

So, no parts (except needles), cleaning, and adjustments - $172 -

One Hundred and seventy-two dollars plus change!!!!!

God help me!

And I had to carry it up and down stairs to/from the car by myself!

That was yesterday. This afternoon, I took a top already done - 46 by 54 (approx), found a batt, prepared and ironed a backing, pinned it on the machine, and quilted the entire thing. then I removed it, trimmed it, sewed a back-folds-over-front binding - in less than four hours.

Life is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog